Sunday, December 2, 2007

Here we go...

Hello all!
I've been thinking about starting a blog to chronicle my adventure into the unpleasant world of tattoo removal for so long...I'd say it's about time! My purpose is to educate those considering the process about the pros and cons FROM MY POINT OF VIEW! I am not a doctor nor am I a tattoo artist. I am a Textile student in NYC who has decided to undergo the process of having my 3rd tattoo removed.
When I first started looking into tattoo removal, I found mostly pages advertising creams, laser centers, books, etc....but nothing from someone who had undergone or is currently undergoing treatment! I couldn't find any FIRST HAND accounts anywhere! This was unsettling and worrisome. It seemed that tattoo removal has become quite popular in the past few years but then again, why was there little to no information about it on the web?
When considering something of this magnitude, it's good to find people in similar situations, willing to share and confirm fears, praises or at least to share information. I was lost, alone and feeling that I would never be able to wear a skirt again without thinking about the damn tattoo on my leg that I just wanted OFF!
So this is the beginning. I plan to post pics, graphically describe my treatments and offer up any and all advice that anyone wants to ask about. I started treatments in July here in NJ after MANY attempts at finding a Dr which I trusted and didn't feel was taking advantage of me. There are SO MANY important factors to look at when finding the right facility and doctor, all of which I plan to discuss.
So hold on, I just got this blog started and I plan to start from the beginning and work my way to right now, a few days after my third treatment. I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you all… stay tuned…

1 comment:

Vintage 4 Vaughns Sake said...

I am so proud of you lady! I saw those pictures of those blisters and it does not look like fun!! You are going to have one sexy leg when this is all over with! Stay strong my little munchkin!!! Love Big Bird